What do I do after my tattoo?
For the best possible tattoo outcome, it is critical to take great care of it after your tattoo session. Here are our tattoo after-care tips:
- After two hours, remove the bandage from your tattoo.
- Gently wash the area with warm Dial soap and water. Rinse and pat dry.
- Allow your tattoo to breathe for a few minutes, and then apply Aquaphor lotion to the area. A small amount goes a long way.
- Continue to apply Aquaphor lotion 2-3 times a day for the first 4-5 days.
- DO NOT pick at your flaking skin. In a few days, most of the dead top layer of skin will peel and fall off.
- After 4-5 days, switch to a fragrance-free lotion (such as Aveena, Lubriderm, Vaseline Intensive Care) and continue to apply for the next week or two, until the tattoo completely heals.
- Your skin may become “leathery” as it continues to heal.
- Keep your tattoo out of sunlight, tanning beds, and chlorinated or ocean water and pools for the next few weeks.
- Call us with any questions.
Our product recommendations:
Designed with tattoos in mind, Saniderm is a polyurethane acrylic adhesive medical bandage. Our tattoo bandages are breathable and flexible, yet durable enough to protect your tattoos from outside irritants. The tattoo bandage is notably permeable enough for oxygen and water vapor to pass through it
Got questions about aftercare for your tattoo ? Call us at (480) 534-5843